Last updated July 27, 2020
https://www.pickmyprize.com/i/privacy-policy-pmp (the “Site”).
This Privacy Notice applies solely to residents of the
State of California (“Users”). We adopt this Privacy Notice in compliance with the California
Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other applicable California State privacy laws.
Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Privacy Notice.
Users with disabilities who wish to access this Privacy Notice in an alternative format
can contact us by emailing us at:firstname.lastname@example.org; or sending us U.S. mail to: Sharestakes, LLC. Attn: PickMyPrize Member Services (Privacy), 100 Duffy Ave, Suite 510, Hicksville, NY 11801.
Categories of Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular CA User or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from CA Users within the last twelve (12) months:
Category Examples Collected
A. Identifiers. Email address, first/last name, mailing address, date of birth and mobile telephone number. YES
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). First/last name, mailing address and mobile telephone number. YES
F. Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a CA User's interaction with the Site, application or advertisement. YES
Personal information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records.
• De-identified or aggregated CA User information.
• Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, such as:
o health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and
o personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information for which we indicated “YES” above from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from our CA Users. For example, from online registration forms that our CA Users submit to us in connection with our membership services, our sweepstakes and promotions and the other products and/or services that we offer by and through the Site. (Category A and B)
• Indirectly from our CA Users. For example, through information we collect from our CA Users in the course of providing our products and/or services to them. (Category A, B and F)
• Directly and indirectly from activity on the Site, as well as via certain tracking technology after you leave the Site. This includes the type of browser that you use (e.g., Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer), your IP address, the type of operating system that you use (e.g., Windows or iOS) and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider. In addition, we obtain certain Site usage details and analytics as same are collected automatically by us and our third party partners. This includes the advertisements that you click on and interact with, the pages of the Site (and other websites) visited and items purchased/added to your cart. (Category F)
• From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the products and/or services that we offer to our CA Users. For example, third party entities that assist us in sending direct and electronic mail, removing duplicate information from CA User lists, analyzing data and providing marketing analysis. (Category A and B)
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information that we collect (including email address, first/last name, mailing address, date of birth and mobile telephone number) for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in connection with your registration for our membership services, our sweepstakes and promotions and/or our other products and/or services, we will use that information to process your registration. (Category A, B and F)
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us. (Category A, B and F)
• To create, maintain, customize and secure your account with us. (Category A, B and F)
• To provide you with e-mail, direct mail and telemarketing messages concerning certain PickMyPrize products and/or services, as well as third-party products and/or services, that we believe may be of interest to you. (Category A and B)
• To deliver relevant Site content to you. (Category A, B and F)
• To serve you relevant advertisements on the Site, and on third-party websites when you exit the Site, and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising that we serve. (Category A, B and F)
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Site’s Terms and Conditions. (Category A, B and F)
• To improve the Site and better present its contents to you. (Category A, B and F)
• For customer service purposes and to respond to inquiries from you. (Category A and B)
• For testing, research, analysis and product development. (Category A, B and F)
• As necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property or safety, and that of our clients or others. (Category A, B and F)
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations. (Category A, B and F)
• As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA. (Category A, B and F)
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred. (Category A, B and F)
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice.
Sharing Personal Information
When we disclose personal information to a third party service provider or other entity, we enter into a contractual relationship that describes the purpose for which such third party may use the personal information and requires that third party to both keep the personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose other than the performance of its services under the applicable contract. Please note, we do not collect information from CA Users that we actually know are less than eighteen (18) years of age and we do not share or sell the personal information of CA Users that we actually know are less than eighteen (18) years of age. Without limiting the foregoing, we have not shared or sold the personal information of CA Users that we actually know are less than sixteen (16) years of age in the preceding twelve (12) months.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information to third parties.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
• Our affiliates. (Category A, B and F)
• Service providers. (Category A, B and F)
• Third parties who provide payment processing services in connection with the prizes that you may win in connection with the promotions featured on the Site. (Category A and B)
• Third parties to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal information to in connection with the products and/or services that we provide to you. (Category A and B)
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have shared personal information ((including email address, first/last name, mailing address, date of birth and mobile telephone number)) for the business purposes set forth above.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides CA Users (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Opt-Out from the Sale of Your Personal Information
You have the right to opt-out of our sale of your personal information to third parties. To exercise your right to opt-out of our sale of your personal information to third parties, please submit a verifiable CA User request to us by either:
We endeavor to act on all opt-out requests as soon as practicable, but in all cases within fifteen (15) days of the receipt of your request.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable CA User request, we will disclose to you:
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable CA User request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our (their) records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
Exercising Access, Data Portability and Deletion Rights
To exercise your access, data portability and/or deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable CA User request to us by either:
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable CA User request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable CA User request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable CA User request must:
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable CA User request related to your personal information. Where you make a data deletion request, data portability request and/or information access request through an authorized agent, we will require that you or the authorized agent provide us with a valid written authorization executed by both parties, with the validity of such document determined by us in our reasonable, good faith discretion. Please submit such documentation to us by emailing us at: email@example.com; or sending us U.S. mail to: Attn: PickMyPrize Member Services (Privacy), 100 Duffy Ave, Suite 510, Hicksville, NY 11801.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable CA User request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable CA User request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to all verifiable CA User requests within forty-five (45) days of the receipt thereof. If we require more time (up to ninety (90) days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the receipt of your verifiable request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable CA User request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
Changes to these Privacy Provisions
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice in our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on the Site’s homepage.